[LI] xterm gives glibc error in gnome

Hi all,

I recently did a Gnome Workstation install. gnome-terminal and other xterms
start immediately when logged in as root but give the following error
message when logged in as a user.

"There has been an error while trying to log in."
"If you are using Linux 2.2.x with glibc 2.1.x this is possibly due to
incorrectly setup Unix98 ptys"

I have checked all documentation but came up with no answer so far. I would
appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Sabir Ahmed

Active Technologies
3028, 13th Main, HAL II Stage, Indiranagar,
Bangalore - 560 038
INDIA
Phone: +91 80 5271887

CAD/CAM/CAE Software Development & Services