Re: [LI] Colour depth and VRAM

> >>When you decrease the colourdepth, of course, for the same screen size,
> >>don't you end up freeing Video memory which can be used for storing,
> >>say,  another graphic screen? Like for another workspace. [Good idea : How
> >>to  determine the number of workspaces in FVWM?]
> of course  you are right, but color depths are the things which you get with
> memory !

Right. You CAN have more colourdepth with more memory. I meant to ask
DOES ONE REALLY NEED 32 BPP?
AND can the memory thus freed be used for storing the
workspaces/frames/textures in VRAM rather than having to swap that info
into Extended RAM or SWAP?

Another question that went unnoticed. How to set the number of virtual
terminals/screens in FVWM/Gnome/KDE etc etc???

> sometimes you can get more colors on low resolutions, and for the multiple
> desktop, I think there is no need to store the entire desktop in the v-ram,

Wo to theek hain. But will it not make the repainting of th edesktop a
faster
process, compared to having to trade data in/out of VRAM? Wondering...