Re: [LI] RE: Linux India and Debian

Hi

> Finally, I'd already posted on the LUG Blr list, a request of mine to share
> exotic <!> distro CD's and other s/w on Linux so that folks can experiment.
> I'd love to learn Debian - the point is how easy will it be for me? In terms
> of everything - availability, resources <folks on LI?>, s/w, packages <RH
> Sound config springs to the mind!>. Answer me, all ye who seek to throw
> stones at RH?

As for availablity of CDs in Bangalore, You can approach GTEnterprise or even
GangaRams have most of these Linux CDs.

Debain as a hell lot of packages in .deb format. Or else In LINUX ONE ALWAYS AS
THE SOURCE tar.gz files.

Sound Config: Let me tell you that here there's not much difference, its
should be the same, as its a kernel module.

conf.modules,
isapnp
etc.

They have rc.modules if I am not wrong, May be they are modprobeing the things
from here, where as in Redhat its distributed in your rc.sysinit and
rc.d/init.d/xxxxx scripts.

Most of the config things will be the same except for the location of a few
files here and there. This is true for ALL LINUX DISTROs.

 ---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC