Re: [LI] >> Automated stuffs and the Associated problems <<

Can I suggest a rather simple and stupid solution?  This is in the
case of a new install.

On 23 Nov 99, at 4:50, thus spake C.Harish Menon:

> The PROBLEM is the distributors  structure their things around the
> automated scripts they have and IF THEY FORGET to provide a particular
> option like choosing the Cluster size or Not Format in Text mode  or
> so then you are stuck unless you go about it either FULLY MANUALY or
> use a mixture of some manual steps and other automated stuff.

First install an older version (either RH 5.2 from PCQ or RH 6 from
the sams.net RH6 Unleashed CD - do NOT use the chip cd - which
sucks, imho).  You can customize a wide range of options that way.

Then choose upgrade, running the textonly mode and the PCQ RH
6.1 CD.  That should take care of the problem (though of course it
means double the work <g>)

If you are upgrading your current install - use the old cd to set all
these options, and then upgrade.

Finally - if you have the savvy to do it (I don't, as yet) switch to
slakware or debian so that you can tweak all you want.

---s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
   May the force be with you.
    -- Star Wars