Re: [LI] NT + Win95 + Rh6.1 + Caldera

Hello there,
Well All of these can be installed on a single HDD without any problems.
You can proceed in this fashion. First Install RH6.1 with /dev/hda1 as Swap
/dev/hda2 as Linux native. Then Create a FAT16 partition and install
windows 95 and then Install Windows NT. So, you have both Windows NT and 95
on the same partition. Now Install Caldera By creating a Linux Native
Partition and using
/dev/hda1 as the swap. That should get you up and running. The format of
partitions can be in this format.

/dev/hda1 - Linux Swap ( To be shared by RH 6.1 and Caldera )
/dev/hda2 - Linux Native ( Either RedHat or Caldera's Root partition )
/dev/hda3 - Windows NT and 95 ( FAT16 )
/dev/hda4 - Linux Native ( Either Caldera or RedHat's Root partition )

Here all the partitions are primary. You could change this setup by using
extended and logical paritions also.  In case you want Linux /home
/usr/local
on seperate partitions you will have to create extended partitions and
logical
partitions or if you wanted NT and 95 on seperate partitions.
Hope that helps.
Regards
               Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                  skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive           # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.

Ghins Mathai <ghins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 11/23/99 10:00:54 AM

supposed to be 1247 cylinders ). On this hard disk I need to install Win
NT,
Win 95, Rh 6.1 and Caldera. Further I would like RH and Caldera to use the