[LI] Installation problem..!!!!

Hai,
I am Kiran.

I have installed around 25-30 linux systems and now facing a peculiar problem
installing it on my own system.

Sys conf.
CPU     P3-450MHZ
HDD     16.8 GB IBM make.
Ved_card   CirrusLogic(4MB VRam)

Partitions:
c:     6GB
d:     3.2GB     |
e:     3.2GB     |--- All in extended Dos partition including the linux.
Linux  4GB       |

Now the problem is (RH 6.1), while assigning linux mounts during installation,
I get an error message assigning memory to '/' and '/boot'.
Even as low as 10MB allocation request gives the following error message.
(This error does not appear for any other mount points.)

"There are currently unallocated partition(s) present in the list of requested
partitions.
The unallocated partition(s) are shown below along with the reason they were
not allocated.
      /                     Boot partition too big."

I have made a 6GB prim_dos-partition with 10GB ext_dos-partition.
Using fdisk I have given away around 3.9GB to linux from the ext_dos-part.
I have also tried to live that 3.9GB separately(not included in any of DOS
partitions).
But this did not help.

Please help me out of it as it is very difficult to be without linux.

Bye(with adv. thanks)

                                                 Kiran.