Re: [LI] Linux India and Debian

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 skhader@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And as far as ilug-debian is concerned, as we do not have many
> debianers here, this will be a group with less activity. Basically
> activity concerned with debian, it's releases, anymore info about
> Debian and all that will be posted here and also on LI. ilug-debian
> will strive to be a true Linux User Group ( True to GNU/Linux
> basically ). General Linux on LI. So, join ilug-debian on your own
> volition.

My objections arenot to a Debian special interest group - my objections
are towrads "ilug-debian". Call it what you want, but "ilug" means "Indian
Linux User Group" - you cannot call yourselves ilug-debian without
implying a split in focus that is detrimental to Linux everywhere.

> So, if you wanna join check out www.egroups.com and search for ilug-debian
> and join there.

I suggest you kill that group and start something like "debian-khader",
but do not involve LI or the ILUGs in your nomenclature. You are sending
out the wrong message.

Atul