Re: [linux-delhi] Re: [LI] Upgrade to RH 6.1 remotely

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 07:17:11AM +0530, Raj Mathur wrote:
>     Atul> ;-) I just did that - I just ftp'd the entire RPMS directory
>     Atul> across to a client's machine, and did an
>
>     Atul> rpm -UvhF *.rpm
>
>     Atul> on the system. Upgraded all components without a hitch.

But Redhat install still sucks in an ISP setup where you have tons of
headless machines to upgrade and you don't have enough disk on all
of these machines to copy the RPMs.

I tried upgrading 6.0-6.1 using the serial console and a local CDROM
on a headless machine that is the gateway for my home network
and it was a nightmare. I got tons of packages I didn't want and it
didn't install some packages I wanted.

	-Arun