Re: [LI] Upgrade to RH 6.1 remotely

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Raj Mathur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know if there's anyway to upgrade a RH 6.0 box to 6.1 in a
> system which is located 2500 km away and which I don't have console
> access to?

;-) I just did that - I just ftp'd the entire RPMS directory across to a
client's machine, and did an

rpm -UvhF *.rpm

on the system. Upgraded all components without a hitch.

However, it did not install stuff that is new and that was not in earlier
versions (like glade) - the "F" in the rpm command causes this, which was
OK.

In general, the difference in 6.1 and 6.0 seems to be primarily at the
install level, plus of course all the patches.

Atul