Re: [LI] cannot run foxpro created exe through dosemu

> DOSEMU is just that -- an emulator for good old real-mode DOS. Your binary
> has a proprietary Phar Lab stub that tries to *extend* DOS by putting the
> CPU into protected mode. Since the chip is already in
> protected/virtual8086 mode, this fails.
>
> I am not sure whether this will work, but you could try and report what
> happens: Put $_dpmi=4096 in /etc/dosemu.conf. If the Phar Lap stub is
> intelligent, it will find a DPMI server and use its services. I might add
> that turning on DPMI services in Dosemu is considered to be a *major*
> security hole and is deprecated.

Hi Guru,

Thanks for the reply. I tried putting $dpmi=4096 in /etc/dosemu.conf. But when
I run dosemu it gives parsing error at the above line.

However my problem is solved. In foxpro two types of exe files  can be created

1. Standalone
2. Standalone extended.

I was creating Standalone extended exe hence the problem. But when I created a
standalone exe it ran without any problem.

--
Rajesh Fowkar