Re: [LI] cannot run foxpro created exe through dosemu

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

> Phar Lap err 35: The 386 chip is currently executing in virtual 8086
> mode under the control of another program.  You must turn off this
> other program in order to use 386¦DOS-Extender to run in protected
> mode.

Heres what EMUfailure.txt in the Dosemu docs say:

  1.  Fundamental problem

  Programs that don't work under the MSDOS Emulator and probably won't
  ever work, because of fundamental problem. Some of these fundamental
  problems result in these programs not being runnable on
  Win3.x/Win95/WinNT in a Dosbox and under OS/2 either. These programs
  are characterized by using any of these features:

[...snipped...]

  1.2.  Programs using older Versions of the Pharlap Extender

  The Pharlap Extender in it's older versions needed ring 0 access too,
  so it can't me made working in the emulator.

  Example:Autocad Version 12c1 For DOS

[...snipped...]

  1.5.  Does my failing program belong to these groups?

  Check with "strings <program.exe> | less" if the programm contains
  some of these keywords  vcpi, pharlap and win32s. Newer Pharlap
  programs may work.