Re: [LI] To all users of SiS cards (especially SiS 6326 cards)

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 venu@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> In fact, the servers are not from the XFree86 distribution, but a batch
> server written by the Suse people. It is from the XFCom range of servers,
> and while I do not know if they have already been integerated into the
> XFree86 distribution, I do know that this server works where the server
> from the standard distribution does not.

What causes the XSuse servers to work is not the server but the xf86config
files that you also install. The problem is not with the server but with
the config files. I am about to prove the point by releasing a new set of
config files that will cause the existing servers to work as adertised for
*those* people who are currently facing problems.

The server is the same. If a server is a Suse release, it is called XSuse,
if it is released with distributions, it becomes XFcom, and with 3.3.4,
XFree included these servers, making them XFree86 servers.

Atul