Re: [LI] Postgres

Hi Aditya,

If you choose custom install there is a option to install Postgresql.  You can
also install from the RPMS from PCQ CD in

/mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/

Once it is installed you have to enable Postgressql service using setup and then
reboot. During startup Postmaster (Postgres sql) daemon checks if the Postgres
sql database is in proper state, if it does not find the database it creates a
system database which is owned by postgres user account. Now the postmaster
daemon is started.

For the  first time you have to login as postgres. I was not knowing the
password of postgres user, so I fired linuxconf and changed the password of
postgres user. After login postgres you can create your own database using
createdb, destriy database using destroydb etc. For further information refer
to /usr/doc/postgressql-xxx directory. It has got everything from user guide ,
programmer's guide, tutorial etc.

Hope this helps. This is what I had done. Correct me if I am wrong fellow
postgres users.

--
Rajesh Fowkar
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,