Re: [LI] nothing related to linux - but worth a look - funny

May I take a radical posture here?

I feel there's nothing wrong with some amount of humour on the list.
We're all human and all of need a break once in a while from reading
about how someone's SiS card doesn't work and her brother's post about
not being able to PPP to VSNL using Linux.  I agree that some posts
may not be directly related to Linux and/or India... does it really
matter that much?

Yes, Linux-India should not be turned into a platform for
<name-of-favourite-OS>-bashing.  Yes, Linux-India should concentrate
on Linux and India.  However, Linux-India should aso be a list with a
heart, not just a place for geeks to hang around and exchange notes on
extracting that last bogomip out of their computers.

Humour has the capability to defuse tense situations, to take us out
of ourselves, to put some perspective on things which may appear
extremely important.  I'd recommend the judicious use of humour --
it's not bashing anyone, it's just an expression of high spirits.  IMO
if we manage to focus LI to the extent where people are unable to
express their passion and spirit in the list, the list has failed in
binding the community, whatever else it may have succeeded at.

So let's all go a bit easy, huh?  Lie back, roll that nice stuff you
got from your last trip to Kerala in a Wills, puff away, and consider
how much of this will really matter in a hundred years.

-- Raju