Re: [LI] nothing related to linux - but worth a look - funny

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

> [...]

<snip - loads of windows bashing>

Hi there,
  Well, lets just assume for some unknown reason , the staff of Outlook
india are subscribing to LI and they chance upon this mail,  which does
ONLY windows bashing, and _nothing_ else , i'm sure , given the poetic
license and the tendency to "slightly" exaggerate/spice up news articles ,
they would stick to saying ilug-delhi bashes up win users regularly , and
since your mail is from goa , they prolly might supplement that previous
article with "now ilug-goa also bashes win users!" .... and they have
concrete proof right here..

  I mean , if we're bashing win users on e-mail , what prevents us from
doing so physically ?

  If people are going to make postings like this , don't crib when 2 weeks
from now india today or outlook says "LI users bombed Microsoft office in
delhi and burnt effigies of Billy badshah and murdered 200 civilians who
have windows on their walls at home" ... You brought it on yourself.I am
fairly sure more people on the list would rather NOT have such junk hurled
at them and being slandered at publicly than people who wouldn't mind
it... So you _have_ to imperatively stick to guidelines and _not_ bash
windows [ or any other o/s ].

  You have to remember this , ... that a mail to the list carries
"somewhat" the views of the list itself ...and Linux-India doesn't really
give a damn for windows or its users... Please stick to the topic of the
list itself. How would you like it if I posted a huge nice mail about
Tarla Dalal's recipe for orange chicken ? and somewhere in between insert
a "linux rules , windows sucks" and claim that the mail is related to LI
itself ?

  Granted the mail _was_ infact humorous and funny , but the fact is ,
these kinda stuff should stick to personal friends etc. For instance , _I_
would consider this spam , since the purpose of _MY_ joining the list was
to learn/discuss linux and not why a call to disable_cache() has to be
done from under windows. I guess this is in fact in the borderline since
too many wont object to it... <shrug>

  Another funny thing is , if there's some dude that's interested in humor
, he would have already viewed www.jokes.com and so on and so forth and
hence would already know all these regular jokes . [ I knew this one
already ]

  But I "still" think Windows bashing is _NOT_ right. AFAIK Linux
isn't cool because it claims windows sucks , but because it is cool
itself , inherently and independently... Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry
if i sound rude/nasty - it is unintentional.

  Regards,

- Ravi.

  PS : Tell you what , put the entire thing as a .signature , and no one
can complain that way ;-)  <ducks in anticipation of a couple rockets>