Re: [LI] system shutdown

Hello there,
Thank god, Now someone also is along with me that this thing happens. Phew
!! ;-)
Anyway I dunno about what might be the cause. But some of the maybe like
1. Buggy Kernel ( I think there is lot of testing done here before so Maybe
this can be ruled out.
2. The Common BUGGY BIOS problem
3. I dunno what it can be ;-)

And it seems to happens mostly with K6-2 and Cyrix ( Non-Intel )
processors.
( Personally me a non-Intel fan ;-) Any comments and suggestions as to
what and why ??

Regards
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive             # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.

Shanker Balan <shanu@xxxxxxxx> on 11/19/99 12:04:14 PM
     I too get a kernel panic right before the line "stopping MD services".
The machine is a K6-2/400 running the PCQ/RHL 6.1 generic kernel
(2.2.12-20).