[LI] ppp based bbs in trivandrum

currently i am located in india.kerala.trivandrum
I have set up a dial in using mgetty, enabled pppd, and am planning to go
ahead with
a dial up printshop setup. I have an hp 4l and a hp 695CCi, with me which i
have hooked
on to a 486/12 mb running slackware 3.2 -- no x, and have checked it with my
own machines
and some friends. it is giving good results.  I have created a bash script
which creates the reg file
for win95 which will install the dialup config and the authentication is
machinename-username-password.
the accounting is one thing which i could not figure out, ie the no of pages
printed by each user.
I have managed to send the interactive output to the root logged terminal.
ie when mgetty accepts a
connection, the transaction is reported verbose (on the tty1 terminal if
root is logged there and)  is logged
on to a file in /tmp.
what i wanted to do is to invoke an application (say ie or netscape) as soon
as the client connects and point it default to a site in my server.  is this
possible by any scripting or should i use the internet connection manager
given with IIS 4 (well that would be too difficult since i have already
started the service).
which is the best choice perl or php for messaging ? or can i achieve
average using SSI alone ?
I have a configured dns and dhcpd so the client machines can connect to my
service using urls
and samba is being used for printer sharing.