Re: [LI] Double byte characters support Linux

Arun Sharma proclaimed:
> That's not right. With 8 bit characters, you are limited to a character
> set of 2^8 = 256 characters. With this, you can not open a file containing
> english, chinese and devanagari scripts at the same time.

Of course!  You are right.  Forgot about that aspect of it.

> So you could potentially open up a document and see all there languages
> simultaneously. Of course, this requires that you have a font file, which
> has glyphs for 2^16 characters. Some guy associated with the GNU project
> was trying to assemble that the last I looked. Microsoft has a downloadble
> Unicode font file that covers a large space - but is still incomplete.

The Cyberbit fonts that used to ship with Communicator were also unicode
fonts.  Don't know whet ever happened to them.  They are no longer
available off of the Cyberbit website.

Thaths
--
   "English.  Pfft.  Who needs that?  I'm never going to England."
                      -- Homer J. Simpson