Re: [LI] Double byte characters support Linux

Swapan Sarkar proclaimed:
> In addition to the info provided by 'thaths' you can find more at
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html
> This site has info about using Unicode and UTF8 encoding in Linux and
> links to some good sites dealing with multibyte characters. You can
> also look at the archives of linux-utf8 mailing list to know about
> the recent developments in multiple language support at
> http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/

>From my understanding of unicode I was under the impression that unicode is
mainly useful for storing multi-byte characters in databases and things
like that.  i.e. storing data in the computer.  unicode, if I understand it
right, is not useful to end users.

Thaths
--
   "English.  Pfft.  Who needs that?  I'm never going to England."
                      -- Homer J. Simpson