[LI] CPU Signature

Someone asked..
>is there any way we can read the CPU serial no not just the signature ?

IF you are talking about the CPU serial number identification in Pentium
III , then you are out of luck. The KErnel in 2.2 explicitly
disables Processor Serial Number (PSN).

And usually, CPUs have no internally hardwired S. No but a generic ID
String. ( If anyone chooses to say otherwise...I am going on a vacation ;)

Love
shourya