Re: [LI] Sound hardware

Yo Rohit,
	This is one of the common problems with the Yamaha sound card.
The SBPro emulation which is so good is so good b'cos of the settings that
the executable U run from the autoexec.bat. Even though it is not a TSR,
it sets some hi-funda registers etc that make the card look like an sbpro.
Why don't U try removing the line from autoexec and trying the games -
they won't work. One of the common workarounds is to use the card as a WSS
(windows sound system). The settings for these are different from those of
the SBPro. These settings can be noted down from the output of the
autoexec executable... usually something like port 530, irq 5 and dma 0,1
for simplex and duplex operation. For any more clarifications on settings
etc U can catch me personally at narain.cr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bye.

Narain.