Re: [LI] Recompiles anyone?

On Tue, 16 November 1999, Ravindra Jaju wrote:
> If I am not wrong, in egcs, -O[4|5|6] are all taken as -O3 as that' the_
> "maximum" handled by it anyway. Right?
Yes. But, when you use two or three compilers, some supporting more
than O3 level, by habit you end up putting a higher number. After all,
does it matter?
       And most documents talk of using O6 for optimization. Maybe
there is something about that number (cross my fingers). ;)
Bye,
--vml,
Model Engg. College, Cochin