[LI] Re Win on Linux

> Can anyone point out which of the MS operating systems are supported on
> Linux?
>
> 1. Win 3.1
> 2. Win 95
> 3. Win NT 4.
> 4. Win 98
> 5. DOS 6.22
>
> Thanks.
> Rohit

Using Wine (From the May 99 PCQ CD- also needs additional libraries from
the Net) I have managed to run several M$DOS and Window$ apps from the DOS
partition where they reside, without actually installing them in the Linux
partition. All the above OSs are supported (allegedly)

All the programs don't work, but some notable ones do - and I'm still testing

M$Word works
LViewpro
VMPeg works

Eudora and PaintShop Pro(4) load but don't seem to be fully functional
Same with WinAmp

M$Works does not work
Win95 does not load with Wine

I expect Excel may work - because I was surprised at how Word loaded
without Windows starting, but I haven't bothered installing Excel. I am
thrilled at Linux's ability to romp around and play in my Windows partition.

        Shivshankar Sastry
      cybersurg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839