Re: [LI] Downgrading pppd & lpd??

>Similarly, there will be other issues. One guy who bitched his head off to
>me on the phone finally realised that his display card had only 1 MB of
>RAM on it, which is why he couldn't do 1024x768x24bits as his friend was
>able to do. And then he had the audacity to tell me that "I am able to get
>1024x768x24bits under Windows"!
>
>Yeah, right. With 1 MB of display memory. :-\

even with 2MB you could scrape to 800x600x24Bit

But the Cirrus Logic GD5446 with 2MB and enhanced drivers which come in the
cd, you could go
1024X768, hi-color (64K) i think it is 16bit, and have virtual desktop, in
Windows, but it
slows the performance too much, an app closing will redraw the desktop in 4
secs.

I had some problems and now it seems to be a faulty harddisk, I lost the
Windows
installation too last night when it crashed. Well I am getting a new one
today and do the RHL 6.1
on it first.