Re: [LI] >> Network or Hidden apps << Scandisk restarted 10 times!

Hi

> receive the warning" like that.     I shut down every program even task
> scheduler and OFF screen saver. Again the same problem.....
> Closing all fuzzy like things using Ctrl + Alt + Del .... But aah! the big
> guy is not there....

2 possibilities:

a)  YOu are on a network and have shared some directories or so. As a foolproof
mechanism I would suggest removing the network cable till the scandisk is over.

b)  The Windows Task manager doesn't show hidden apps if any as far as I
remember. So check your registry thro the usual RUN and RUNONCE keys to see if
any apps are being loaded. Also check your startup folder and system.ini and
win.ini for any old Windows programs autostarting everytime for you. If you
find any based on what it is decide as to whether to maintain it or not.

--
Keep :-)
HanishKVC