Re: [LI] Scandisk restarted 10 times!

Hi

  If you are talking about linux, fsck is sufficient most of the times. Even I
have run it when boot process dropped me to a shell to reapir filesystem errors.
Some really scary messages were on the screen. I don't remember exactly. I just
logged in as a root and ran fsck. Exit the shell. It rebooted after that and
everything went fine.

Also I have seen that if I tweak the settings of BIOS like increasing the PCI
clock divisor, then surely I run into trouble. Many I times I get errors like
'VFS Error : Can not mount root.' and I have to reboot. Same goes for enabling
UDMA. Sometime it works, sometime it does not. I think my motherboard is not
performing well.

So stick to your BIOS defaults, and rely on fsck. What a happy life.

Bye
 Shridhar