Re: [LI] Linux boot loader

There is a mini HOWTO for NT+Linux
NT hates any other bootloader on the MBR other than its own
Install NT then install Linux and do not install lilo on the MBR
Install lilo on the root partition of your Linux system
Make a linux bootdisk during the installation and boot from it
run dd if=/dev/hdXX of=/bootsec.lnx bs=512 count=1 to peel off the boot
sector of Linux root partition into a file
Then cp this file to a floppy disk
Reboot to run NT
Copy the bootsec.lnx file from the floppy into C:\
Find the file boot.ini in NT and attrib -s -r -h boot.ini and edit the
portion of it like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Workstation ...
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Workstation ...
C:\BOOTSECT.LNX="Linux"

Save and set the attributes again and reboot to see the Linux inside the
NTLoader menu
Linux should be booted if everything works well

Worked for me