Re: [LI] Any Debian Users...?

hello there,
ME !! ME!!! ;-) I have got that mode by using the S3 linear framebuffer
patch on my system.
I use and 800x600 resolution in text  mode and obviously I get a larger
number of cols and rows.
( Am I right ?? ). Simly saying, you can get this if you use the
framebuffer thing in your kernel
and you will get a graphics Text console ;-) provided you have a Vesa 2.0
Compliant VGA Card.
I Hope that helps
Regards
     Khader

P.S: But as usual I maybe wrong ;-)

Syed Khader Vali                                       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive             # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.

"betacomp" <betacomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 11/17/99 10:09:57 PM
While on the text mode, has any one on this list has SVGAtextmode to get
the
larger number of col and rows with high resolution display.