Re: [LI] Any Debian Users...?

Hello there,
Personally I would like to reiterate the point that Linux is about choice.
Lot's of people out here use RedHat because it is simple to use, install
and administrate.
Debian also has similar tools to automate a lot of stuff for you.
I am a hard core Debianer at heart ( well at least ;-). But, I also use
SuSE and RedHat.
SuSE, because there is lot of stuff that comes along with it ( but
unfortunately didn't have scotty
for which me was searching ). RedHat is easy to install and easier to
administrate.
The only daunting thing about Debian is its install ( well not completely,
it is supposed to be
dselect ). But, even that can be overcome if you can go in the proper
manner.
The Install of a Debian System is very comprehensive and configures
everything for you at the
beginning.  I like configuring everything manually  and that happens to be
the reason why I like
Debian. ( Cause By Default It does not install Linuxconf ). Normally the
tendency is that if there is
an automating tool, people go for it even if they know how to do it
manually.
Well, that is something about debian ( Not the complete one ).
Regards
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive             # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.

"Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo \"Surguja\"" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
11/16/99 10:59:14 PM
I had went to its site and saw not much difference but they were saying
packaging was good in Debian. What else any Debian user say "Technical"
way....its better to switch or not...