Re: [LI] X server crashes due to font problem ?? => Restart No NO

C Hanish Menon wrote:

> Well sir you don't have to restart linux most of the time as in Windows. If its
> a package you want to start at booting automaticaly and if its come with Redhat
> by default then it uses the standards specified. For them you can do this;

> Normally they are scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d/MyService
> With /etc/rc.d/rcX.d/[SXXMyService |  KXXMyService] being links to the one
> init.d

	*grin* I just wanted to avoid the gory details of starting services
manually, especially since the user was a newbie(?).

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start      ( or a stop followed by a start )
>
> I think debian is slightly different but for sometime now I haven't used it
> but overall the logic should be similar.

	In Debian, the location is different as it follows the fsstnd (strict).
The xfs script is located in /etc/init.d/xfs.

--Shanu