Re: [LI] [binand@bombay.retortsoft.com: Problems with dual boot] LINEAR ADDRESSING

Hi

<snip>
> > Then I ran lilo, and it said added linux and dos. So I rebooted from
> > the IDE disk, and typed dos at the lilo prompt, only to get the error
> > "unexpected EOF". Linux was OK.

Have to look into it as of now No idea.

> > So I tried boot=/dev/sda.
> >
> > When I rebooted, this time from the SCSI disk, it came upto LI and
> stopped.
<snip>
> > Binand

Well this is to do with the way things developed in the PC world, the old hard
disks had low level access using CHS where as the new IDE harddisks and SCSI
use the Linear address approach with the hard disk controller worrying about
CHS. So you have to tell lilo to use linear addressing by placing "linear" in
the lilo.conf (CHECKOUT man lilo.conf). Which should solve your problem.

--
Keep :-)
HanishKVC