Re: [LI] PC Quest -> Linux 6.1 etc

hi,

I had a similar problem a few times earlier. It seems, when you run Explorer
on
Windows, it tries to look for the same partition information it had before a
repartition.
If it does not find one, it hangs. In my case, I thought it better to
reinstall Windows.
I hope that is feasible for you. :-) So, I feel it is the best to
repartition all the drives
Windows is supposed to see using Windows fdisk (although it is known to be
buggy
while deleting logical drives). And then add the Linux partitions in the
free space
using Linux fdisk. I hope this is the correct pointer.

By the way, I tried to install Linux 5.2 at one of my friends place. He has
one primary
partition and one extended partition with 3 logical ones. Each is 1 GB. When
I run
disk druid during the installation, it shows me only hda1 and hda2 (with
unknown type
0x0f) while fdisk shows me all the primary, extended and 3 logical
partitioms.
disk druid with RH Linux 6.1 seems to work fine. A possible bug with earlier
disk druid.

Also disk druid and fdisk seem to have problems with > 8GB HDD's where the
Linux
native partition first cylinder is beyond 8 GB. Is this a known issue and
has it been fixed
in RH Linux 6.1 ?

- pankaj