[LI] PC Quest -> Linux 6.1 etc

Hi,
    I got the Linux from PCQ running smoothly with 800x600 16 bit
resolution. running Gnome.
Here are a few of the reactions
"Wow so many games"
"What a beautiful interface"
"It's so fast"
:)

Now for the problem.
    I purchased a new disk of 4.3 GB and made it master. I made my previous
2.1 GB hard disk slave which had windows running on it, with 2 partitions on
it.
    I partitioned 4.3 GB into two 1.2 GB partitions and one 2.1 GB partition
for linux and loaded windows on one and formatted the other to windows
partition. I loaded linux next and it was running beautifully. However when
i booted into windows using LILO and started windows explorer or clicked on
the my computer icon, they would just hang. probably because it was not able
to recognize the partions.
    So i ran Fdisk from Linux 5.2 CD and made both partitions of 4.3 GB hard
disk as DOS 16 bit.
    i booted through dos floppy which recognizes my cd rom and tried to run
fdisk or format both of which responded that unable to recognize c:

Here are a few things that might help:

it listed following before fiasco:
my 4.3 GB partioins as
hda1               WinFAT32
hda2               Extended
hda5               linux Native
hda6               linux swap

by the way to run linux usin PCQ SiS 6215 config i used XF86Setup and not
Xconfigurator and it worked like a charm. Remember not to probe for Video
Ram.

I am working on the problem. However if someone has a solution in the
meanwhile please let me know.