Re: [LI] Mail problem Attn: Mr. KalaKrishnan

Hi Manoj,

>The rewriting rules that you had given works perfectly but i found and even
>more straight way to achieve this. I just needed to add the realdomain.com
>in my sendmail.cw file to tell sendmail to accept mails for that domain too.
>In fact one can add as many domains(maybe many virtual domain & virtual
>users) to sendmail.cw as one would need.

I didn't suggest the virtual domains solution because there seemed to be
some catch in it somewhere. My aging grey cells can't still recall the
exact problem - but I think it has to do with  reading in some document
that all domains listed in the $=w class (i.e defined as Cw)  should be
resolvable (through your DNS) when sendmail starts. which might not be the
case if you are not connected to the net all the time. Of course as I
mentioned before, my setup was different and it wouldn't have helped in any
case - my users don't have email-ids in the same domain - you can't
obviously put yahoo.com and softhome.net in your virtual domains - can you
?? :-)

Also virtual domain translation takes place in Ruleset 3 - which is applied
to ALL addresses (sender & recipient) and therefore even a sender address
of xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx would get translated as xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx first. Of
course your masquerading rules would translate it back to
xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx later - so in your case you'd be fine as long as there's
a strict one to one correspondence  between the realdomain.com &
localdomain.com domains.

Regards,

Kala