Re: [LI] Not able to configure X

Hi Thirumani
I am having the same card and didnt have any problems with the same
..Please take care not to probe for dot clock settings . Thats something
which every body says no to ..
The trick to make these cards work is to manually edit the XF86config file
.. See if ur file has the following

Set the Device selection as per following in the XF86Config file and
hanging prob. will be solved.
Selection      "Device"
Identifier     "Trident 3DImage975 AGP (Generic)"
VendorName     "Trident"
  BoardName	"3DImage9750"
  Chipset	"3DImage975"
  VideoRam	4096
  Option	"noaccel"

This should help u get something running atleast
As far as my reasoning goes monitor detection is not all that necessary ..
Just get the HSYNC and VSYNC properties set properly

Hope this helps
Bye
Anand