Re: [LI] Not able to configure X

Hi,

I have recently posted a mail regarding this card. What is required
is the Horizontal Sync(kHz). and Vertical Sync(in Hz). You must be
having these, since you already ran XF86Setup. Don't probe clocks
for this card. When X starts, it by default eliminates all the mode lines
not within the range of the monitor, and selects the best mode from
the rest of the mode lines. Say you need to have a resolution of
1024x768 at 32 bit color depth. Check all the mode lines under
1024x768 in /etc/X11/XF86Config file which won't be eliminated by
X for your monitor. Keep the first one, and comment out the rest.
Set the Device under SVGA Server to your monitor name, and color
depth to 32. Create a link of X with the SVGA server.

Now start X. If it starts, good, else try other mode lines.

This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Suvendra