Re: [LI] sis 6326

Sunil Madan [sunilmadan@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
>  Red hat 6.0...I got sis 6326 card...samsung-samtron40Bn monitor ... now
=
>  X-windows start and I can
>  see the after step icons and image of afterstep...but everything else
>  is black...also, it does not refresh the windows...may be monitor
>  settings are not proper...I have tried all possible combinations...can
>  you help me out in this...

Hi Sunil! ,

There is a solution to this one!
In the XF86Config file, which may either be in your login directory or in
/etc, go to the display section
and there you will find options for you card which will be commented out.
The options include items like

#Options nolinear ...... an so on( I dont have the specifics as i am right
now not at my linux machine.)..but I am sure with a bit of looking you'll
find these sections. Uncomment these lines and Ithink your displya will
work.

What you could do is search in the archives of this mailing list and you'll
get a lot of information.

Vinod