Re: [LI] sis 6326

Hi Sunil,

Redhat 6.0 uses the Xfree86 X window system version 3.3.3.1 which has
a buggy sis6326 driver.

Xfree86 3.3.5 is now out which has a working sis6326 driver. So I suggest
probably upgrading to Redhat 6.1 or just upgrading your xfree86 server.
Info in how to do this is available on the redhat homepage.

Hope this helps,
Cyrus

Sunil Madan [sunilmadan@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
>  Red hat 6.0...I got sis 6326 card...samsung-samtron40Bn monitor ... now =
>  X-windows start and I can
>  see the after step icons and image of afterstep...but everything else
>  is black...also, it does not refresh the windows...may be monitor
>  settings are not proper...I have tried all possible combinations...can
>  you help me out in this...

Cyrus Patel - cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept. of Computer Engineering                           Debian GNU/Linux
University of New South Wales                           (Potato)
Sydney, Australia.