[LI] Configuring Trident 3Dimage975

Hi,

I also have a Trident 3DImage975 card on my m/c. By default it was
identified and set to 8 bit colors. But I needed at least 16 bit colors, at
800x600 resolution. The card is capable of delivering more, but this is
what I used in Windows also. My monitor is from Microtek, having the
following

HorizSync - 30-56 kHz
VertSync  - 50-120 Hz

Whenever I tried to start X, the monitor went into a power saving mode,
without any errors. I manually deleted from XF86Config the Mode Lines
which were within the frequencies of the monitor leaving only one entry
for 800x600. I am now getting the desired resolution. The same should be
applicable for other modes. BTW, X should be a link to the SVGA server.
A trial and error method of removing the ModeLines should work. I could
also get 32 bit depth at 1024x768.

I just wrote this for all people having problems with configuring the card.

Suvendra