Re: [LI] SOS

----- Original Message -----
From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux India <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [LI] SOS

> On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
>
> > I have Celeron 266, 8 GB HDD, (2 GB for Linux with 120 Swap) RH 6.1
(PCQ).
<snip>

> It does all this only if you choose "custom install" from the list (KDE
> workstation, gnome workstation, server, etc.). I'd suggest a re-install,
> and select custom. Then scroll down the list of packages and install
> *everything* (which is an option).

Okay I made a mistake there, mea culpa. In fact I did do a re install before
my SOS but I used the same option.... (one of my slower days I guess)

> Uh, and I also suggest a RTFM - like reading the article in the magazine
> that describes the installation process. Kishore worked hard enough
> writing that one....

I did RTFM(agazine) you know.

> > 4.Xconfigurator exits with the following message Server does not exist,
<snip>

> mount /mnt/cdrom
> rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/XFree86*SVGA*.rpm

I already did rpm -ivh XFree*.rpm.  It shows packages already installed.

> Run Xconfigurator again and choose Trio3D.

> Atul

I ran it again... same result.
What I am going to do is re-install with the custom option, choose
'everything' , go thru the article thrice more while the stuff is loading,
try what you have suggested and the get back.

thanx,

Sharukh.