Re: [LI] Manjunathan cries for HELP in configuring AGP card : Trident 3DImage975

> I too have the same problem.... If anyone knows the solution Please let me
> know

> > one of my friend also has the same problem with the TRIDENT chip Trident
> > 3DImage975 and 4 MB Ram

> > >     Trident 3DImage975 with TV out
> > >     with 4MB VRAM

------------

<snip shiznit LOADS of info w/ 4 tails of the LI .signature - *grr*>

Download and install the 18.x MB 3.9.16 - Latest "unstable" X server... or
the 3.3.x <------  x should be >= 6
X servers version <= 3.3.1 have little or no ( basically lousy ) support
for the Trident AGP . You're in luck that you have 3DImage975 ... which
_I_ have myself seen at its full glory which ROCKS ...

You should ftp into ftp.xfree86.org and poke around in /pub/Xfree86 or
something... some 5 minutes should land you at the proper file..
There will be 4 files... each 20 MB ... get only the src-1.tgz

( obviously you get only the source and not binaries , rpms etc )
src-2 -> documentation or something
src-3 -> similar stuff

 basically , _I_ wanted only src-1 ... you will live with just the first
one too ... but feel free to download the entire stuff... each file is
approx 20 megs...and untarring etc will land you with >100 megs...my hdd
is full right now :-(

and just incase your isp does some weird junk like what mine is doing [
blocking access to xfree86.org ] , you can get the stuff from a mirror ,
say ftp.cdrom.com , which gave _me_ lousier speeds w/ loads more packet
loss...

g'day and g'luck

- ravi