Re: [LI] Corrupt filter rules in netscape

"L.V.Gandhi" proclaimed:
> Filter rules got currupted in netscape. But in .netscape dir filter
> rules file is intact with rw permission for owner. Still filter was not
> used. I tried to change the filer rule.

> How to get back filter effctive once again. Version of netscape 6.1.
> RH 6.0 of CHIP in PII with 64 MB RAM.

Netscape 6.1?  I guess the Mozilla project is succeeding beyond its wildest
dreams. ;-)

The location of the filters moved between 4.0X and 4.X if I remember
correctly.  Do you use a IMAP server in messenger?  Try looking into
~ns_imap/mail_server_name/mailrule if you are using IMAP.  Also look at
~/.netscape/mailrule

Best way to debug this would be to move your mailrule out of the way and
start by creating a new one.  If the new mailrule works then slowly start
importing rules from your old mailrule file to your new mailrule file.

Thaths
--
"Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding
       as, 'The process of removing weeds from one's garden.'"