Re: GPL good or bad ? (Was Re: [LI] Programming help [Humorous])

Arun Sharma proclaimed:
> My primary intention is that everyone on the list who's writing code is
> aware of all the issues surrounding GPL, instead of choosing it because
> Linus Torvalds or Richard Stallman chose the same license. And I make
> no attempts to hide my personal preferences :)

I recommend that people in LI who want to write free / open software read
Bruce Peren's article on the Open Source definition
(http://perens.com/OSD.html).  Even though the article tends to lean
towards GPL it is a good read for people interested in various licensing
models.

Thaths
--
"Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding
       as, 'The process of removing weeds from one's garden.'"