Re: Subject: Re: [LI] Please Help to confugure X on SiS 6326

hello,

> Subject: Re: [LI] Please Help to confugure X on SiS 6326, Urgent
> My Linux version is the 6.0 and I installed the xsis.rpm then i tried the
> xconf but that also didn't work. Tell me how to find help on this in the

i have assumed :

1.  that you have started the system in the init level other than that has been
    assigned for the xserver.
2.  you have run the xf86setup script from the character terminal and have
    correctly identified your display card as SiS 6326 from the card database.
3.  you have correctly identified your monitor according to the specification
    provided by the monitor manufacturer wrt to the vertical & horizontal
    frequencies and also the max resolution the monitor can support.
4.  you have correctly selected the XSVGA set.
5.  on doing #2,#3 & #4 you would have generated the file /etc/XF86Config.

what you have to do :

a.  edit the /etc/XF86Config file and add located the section that has the
    defined display card ( as identified as in the #2 ).
b.  add the following sentences in the identified section :
           Chipset "SiS 6326"
           VideoRam 4096
           Options "nolinear"
c.  make sure the word Chipset is as per the definition elsewhere in the
    /etc/XF86Config file.
d.  make sure the VideoRam has the value as per the memory on your AGP SiS 6326
    display card in kilobytes format.
e.  change the init level to the one defined for the xserver to work.

i am sure this would make your AGP SiS 6326 running.

with best wishes,
)-( varuna
( varuna eswer )