[LI] Cannot creat modem lock file...

I am using RH6.0 When I'm loged in as Root there is no problem to connect to
the internet using kppp. But when I am loged in as some other user I get
this error message "cannot creat modem lock file" as soon as I try to
communicate with the modem. All the settings for kppp are exactly the same
for other users as for root. Where is it trying to create the lock file? I
mean whick directory? what permissios should I give to creat this file?

Thanking you in advance.