[LI] Mail Configuration

I am new to sys ad. Please help.
I have managed to setup connectivity between two computers using simple
entries in /etc/host.
Bot the comps have RH6.0 installed [Custom]   but while installing node
of them had the ftp or mail server options enabled. Can I now configure
them [at least one ] as a mail server and ftp server whithout
reinstaklation  ?
Both the comps talk over sockets, ping, rsh but talk doesn't work.

Workarounds, hints will be thankfully exercised. Please suggest reading
material / pointers to sites etc.

TIA
Shourya
Shourya Sarcar
Student
Jadavpur University
Calcutta, India 700 032

Email   : sarcar@xxxxxxxx
Tel     : 91-033-471 0477
Address : 364/3 Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road
          Calcutta , India 700 047