[LI] tutorials on linux

Hello

     Actually i am doing my MCA and in our next semester we have to
submit a project (software) and i want to break the tradition of win 32
and dos based application. I want to make a project in linux, so i was
looking for some tutor on linux (programming). Are'nt there any tutors
or e-books which can give me the application side detail of linux.

     One more thing i will really appreciate if somebody can give me
links where i can find  ideas for my project (i have to decide what
should i make)

    thanks

anand Singh bisen