Re: [LI] help: Notorious Usenet spammer - who has had India blocked from usenet in the past

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> [rather off topic - but involves India's future well-being on usenet]
>
> This is about a notorious hacker / spammer who calls himself
> Hipcrime.  He seems to be operating off a Satyam dialup in Delhi
> afaict. (202.54.100.* is Satyam).
>
> Can someone help?  Any info?  And is there someone in Satyam
> Delhi I can contact?  This guy led to VSNL's NNTP server being
> banned from most newsgroups, for a long time.

While posts of this nature have little to with Linux,
personally, I find them interesting and informative and don't
mind the extra bandwidth as long as it is not too much.
As system admins (at least of our systems) , we do need
to be aware of security concerns, even if that is not
purely a Linux issue, as we (at least, I am) are
affected, perhaps indirectly.

I hope others feel the same. What say you?

- B. Prasad