Re: [LI]

RAVIKANT K RAO is digging deeper:

>    Ah , this was precisely what I wanted to ask .... how do you find out
> what all .deb's you need for a given package ?

A very good question which had plagued me in my initial Debian days.
Go to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages/ and do a search on the
package U want to install.  Say, I want to install gnome-core and I do a
search wherein a return list of all the packages needed to satisfy
dependencies is shown.

U can also go into the .deb package with 'mc' and read the INFO file
using F3.  Dependencies are listed therein and voila......

ragOO, VU2RGU.                         PGP Key 1024/1A747CB1
Fingerprint: 61 CD 0F 96 7A 94 4F F6 F0 42 1B 6D C0 A4 24 CF
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux