Re: [LI] [Adminstrativa] Additional policies in place for the LI

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Arun Sharma wrote:

> So I don't see why someone who sends PGP signed messages to the list should
> be punished. Similarly, if someone asks a question and someone else
> responds: hey, try this config file A or try this patch B and sends an
> attachment, that's a perfectly valid use of the list, IMO. Everyone on
> the list benefits by being able to get a copy of the attachment verbatim,
> by punching a key or clicking the mouse.
>
> Sure, we could use uuencode or shar, but all those are cumbersome and
> hard to use compared to MIME.

I agree! I don't know how the digest system of Majordomo works, but
your idea of a digest being a multi attachment mail is neat. Each
attachment have a title and one can read whichever m,ails one deems
fit. But, alas, it seems this is not to be.

So, I am of the opinion that before attachments are banned, we should
look into the issues.

sachin

Hubbard's Law:
        Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.